Fundamental Beliefs of Westside Community Church Lethbridge
As a fellowship we hold to the Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church consists of all true followers of Jesus Christ – those who have put their faith and hope in Him for this life and the life to come.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead – those who have accepted God’s free gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus unto the resurrection of life; those who reject His free gift unto eternal suffering.
Attracting people to Jesus Christ both locally and globally
by investing our time, energy and finances towards that purpose.
Compassionately serving people
in practical ways to communicate God’s love through Jesus Christ.
Encouraging, teaching and releasing people
to use the gifts and character that God is nurturing in them to honour God.
Initiating and fostering relationships
which are based in love and the desire to build each others knowledge of God and relationship with Him.
Actively worshiping God together as a community of believers.