History

 

Westside Community Church actually has a long history in Lethbridge.  It began in 1913 as Lethbridge Pentecostal Assembly.  This congregation was brought together through the efforts and interest of Rev. Charles M. Neve (1913-1919).  In 1919 Rev. W. E. McAlister came as pastor.  He married Miss Ruth Manley of this congregation.  During Rev. McAlister's charge the congregation purchased the Presbyterian Church property.  In 1920 the church conducted an evangelistic campaign with Aimee Semple McPherson.  Rev. McAlister reported continual steady progress in the work since the McPherson meetings.  Rev. McAlister left in 1923.

Following is a list of ministers who have served Lethbridge Pentecostal Assembly:

1913-1919 - Rev. Charles M. Neve
1919-1923 - Rev. W. E. McAlister
1923-1926 - Rev. J Saunders
1926-1929 - Rev. C Scratch
1929-1931 - Rev. C. Nelson
1931-1936 - Rev. G. R. Upton
1936-1939 - Rev. George Bombay
1939-1946 - Rev. J. C. Cooke
1946-1949 - Rev. A. A. Lewis
1949-1957 - Rev. G. W. Allen
1957-1965 - Rev. J. H. Hazlett
1965-1972 - Rev. Gamble
1973-1978 - Rev. M. L. Israelson
1978-1982 - Rev. Marvin Dynna
1980-1982 - Rev. Al Downey
1982-1984 - Rev. David Munk
1982-1984 - Rev. Murray Coughlan
1985-1995 - Rev. E. S. Martin
1991-1992 - Rev. Dwight Soleski
1992-1995 - Rev. Dallas Siggelkow
1995-2000 - Rev. Greg Austring
2000-2002 - Rev. Robert Butler
2001-2002 - Mr. Drew Kuzma
2002-2006 - Rev. Allen Rankin
2007-pres. - Rev. Bert Faulkner
2009-2015 - Rev. Shaun Romano


The current church facility, the Assembly's third building, was dedicated on September 6, 1981.  With its neon cross shining high above it is a beacon of Christ's hope and love to the West side of Lethbridge.


© 2000 - 2018 powered by
Doteasy Web Hosting